Eyepiece, and focuser for camera

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
willisobservatory
The Sun?
The Sun?

Eyepiece, and focuser for camera

Post by willisobservatory »

I have Lunt 152. What is best eyepiece for this scope?

I have Basler acA1920-155um Ace - IMX174, 1/1.2", C-Mount, 1920x1200, 155fps, Mono. Is there a focuser you would recommend for this camera?

Newbie here, and I so appreciate all your help.

I have the entire Ethos Tele Vue line. I talked with Tele Vue rep and he said Pan Optic 41 would work well with Lunt and my Astro-Physics 175 at night.

He also mentioned Tele Vue Plossal just for solar observing.

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Eyepiece, and focuser for camera

Post by marktownley »

Hiya.

Regards eyepeices, i've always found the plossls work best, indeed I use Televue, my favourite is the 15mm. I'm assuming you have the Bf3400 blocking filter? A 41mm panoptic is only going to give just over 20x magnification with the Lunt152, and is going to give a very small disk relative to the fov. Also remember that the 152 is designed for high power viewing rather than full disk, so, if you are using it for full disks you will be getting sub optimal performance.

Regards the focuser, just use the stock, it will be fine. Of course a Feathertouch is the premium choice.

Mark

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
pedro
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Eyepiece, and focuser for camera

Post by pedro »

I use a Pentax Zoom eyepiece with my LUNT152. It works fine