StarHuggers New Diy Sun Shield

Use this section to discuss "standard" Baader/Coronado/ Lunt SolarView/ Daystar, etc… filters, cameras and scopes. No mods, just questions/ answers and reviews.
EGRAY_OBSERVATORY
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: StarHuggers New Diy Sun Shield

Post by EGRAY_OBSERVATORY »

Hi Aaron.
Firstly, the image must be in JPEG format (as others will not load) and should be below 2-Mbyte each and preferably lower - say around 500Kbytes or less - without losing any amount of detail). This is due to keeping our leader - not having to include paying adverts on SolarChat.

Then just below your text box, go to "Full Editor & Preview"

Then go to "Attachments" then "Add files" which will take you to say your "Desktop" where you have the image(s) ready for posting.

Then I recommend a "Preview" to confirm the pics are showing and you can still edit your text (if required)

Then "Submit" and await until the whole post appears in a light-blue background, which confirms that SolarChat have accepted your post.
(That can take a few seconds and occasionally you might have to submit again - if two posts are being uploaded to the server at the same moment)..

I have just done that with the attached image...

Happy Days
Terry
Attachments
11-5-2021 0908z NEW METHODS - TRIAL-2.jpg
11-5-2021 0908z NEW METHODS - TRIAL-2.jpg (675.17 KiB) Viewed 862 times

EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

No probs Aaron. It took me a while to get my head around the posting system. Will certainly be looking forward to when you sort your projects.

I too, am busy sorting-out some additions to the observatory as well as some experimental processing too, so as our weather has been poor over the last weeks, I'm catching-up and hopefully when the skies allow will be back to posting captures...

Best wishes
Terry

EGRAY_OBSERVATORY

Thank you Aaron for updating on your projects, which by the sound of it, should be interesting for us to see your results in due course.

For some years, my projects have taken a few-years to nearly finish and with just a couple of things to do (plus a mini-observatory), will happen in due course. So much enjoyment in getting our projects to fruition and prove that they not only work, but also give us some enjoyment in using them for whichever purpose too..

Please keep us appraised of your projects and no doubt, I will also have to image all my improvements as well as the whole main-observatory too, so others can see what I've been up to...

Best Wishes
Terry