For sale: Coronado SolarMax 40mm with BF5 filter, Solarfinder and Cemax 25mm

VENDORS WELCOME! Please, only solar equipment.
nicosolcy
Almost There...
Almost There...

For sale: Coronado SolarMax 40mm with BF5 filter, Solarfinder and Cemax 25mm

Post by nicosolcy »

This is of course pre-Meade, which is considered to have a better quality etalon than the currently produced ones. The scope is in excellent condition. The Etalon, Blocking Filter and 40mm Objective show no signs of wear or scratches or degradation. The OTA is fine with only some micro-scratches here and there. Focuser is smooth and the included solarfinder and Cemax 25mm Plossl work as advertised.

The Coronado 40mm-400mm SolarMax 40 telescope SM40T5 has the same aperture as the P.S.T. but is distinguished by several key factors. The Coronado SolarMax 40 telescope comes standard with a T-Max attached directly behind the etalon gives you the ability to adjust for Doppler shifted light.

Bino-viewers and most imaging equipment will come to focus, sometimes with the use of a Barlow or OCS. These features plus enhanced surface detail make the Coronado SolarMax 40 telescope a more versatile instrument than a PST, with remarkable solar images. The PST is a 1 Armstrong bandpass solar scope, whereas the SolarMax strikes a happy medium for prominences and surface detail at 0.7 Armstrong bandpass.

Consider that the Etalon can be used to double stack another solar scope, or you can use it on another “regular” scope which has an adapter to 52mm thread (back of Etalon) along with the Blocking filter, this is a very versatile instrument. I have used it with a Borg 55mm Fluorite and a 58mm to 52mm adapter at 250mm focal length as well.

Obviously since the scope is no longer available for sale, I am considering the parts of it to determine a price, also taking into consideration various other models of solar scopes now available for sale. A 40mm Etalon + Blocking filter sell new for EUR 1,265. A 25mm Cemax eyepiece for EUR 108 and the Solarfinder for EUR 135, a total of EUR 1,508. First one to call it for EUR 800 gets it. Price includes insured shipping with tracking and PayPal fees.

Anybody want to see some photos, I took plenty and uploaded them to Dropbox. Link is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fykoi40bdjqa ... 0Gmna?dl=0

Nick
---------------------------------------------------------------
Photosphere Junkie!
Borg 77 EDII f.6.6 (510mm), APM Herschel Wedge (Baader ND1.8)
Lunt 40mm SS FTF
ZWO ASI183MM, SW SolarQuest Mount
Baader Solar Continuum 540.0nm (FWHM 7.5) / Altair G-Band 430.3nm (FWHM 2nm) / Antlia K-Line 393.3nm (FWHM 3nm)
marios i.
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: For sale: Coronado SolarMax 40mm with BF5 filter, Solarfinder and Cemax 25mm

Post by marios i. »

SOLD!

Marios S.Ioannou
My Gallery https://www.flickr.com/photos/195609307@N07/albums

Sketcher/Visual Observer

nicosolcy
Almost There...
Almost There...

Re: For sale: Coronado SolarMax 40mm with BF5 filter, Solarfinder and Cemax 25mm

Post by nicosolcy »

Enjoy it Marios!

Nick
---------------------------------------------------------------
Photosphere Junkie!
Borg 77 EDII f.6.6 (510mm), APM Herschel Wedge (Baader ND1.8)
Lunt 40mm SS FTF
ZWO ASI183MM, SW SolarQuest Mount
Baader Solar Continuum 540.0nm (FWHM 7.5) / Altair G-Band 430.3nm (FWHM 2nm) / Antlia K-Line 393.3nm (FWHM 3nm)