Herschel wedge - Baader, AE, Lunt, Intes

VENDORS WELCOME! Please, only solar equipment.
rbotero
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Herschel wedge - Baader, AE, Lunt, Intes

Post by rbotero »

Looking for decent quality Herschel wedge to use with my refractor. Hopefully a 2" version. Please let me know what you have.

Thanks!

Roberto
Kent, UK

swisswalter
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Herschel wedge - Baader, AE, Lunt, Intes

Post by swisswalter »

Hi Roberto

wish you good luck. Sorry, I wan't sell my PP, not until I'm dust and ashes

Only stardust in the wind, some fine and some less fine scopes, filters and adapters as well. Switzerland 47 N, 9 E, in the heart of EUROPE :)

from 7 am - 7 pm http://www.nanosys.ch

from 7.01 pm - 6.59 am http://www.wastronomiko.com some times vice versa ;)
PEterW
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Post by PEterW »

Intes, cheap, but not you need to be careful when using as the filters are not fixed and the exhaust is very simple. Takes good shots though. You might have back focus issues with a 2" wedge, best to check the scope you want to use to see if it'll work. Should give razor sharp white light shots.

Peterw

rbotero
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Post by rbotero »

Cheers Peter. Will keep that in mind.

Roberto

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

I would reccomend the 2" LUNT wedge and the Baader ceramic. The LUNT is cheaper and great (I use it all the time). Hope this helps.

best

trwinship

Post by trwinship »

I have the Baader ceramic wedge. My understanding is that the cost of the Baader unit is not all that different from the Intes and Lunt versions when the cost of appropriate filtration is factored in, and everything I've read indicated that optical quality is about the same--excellent--for all three. But you know, the built in solar finder feature of the Baader is something I've grown to appreciate more and more. Is something that simple worth the extra money? I'm not sure, but it sure is fast and convenient and never needs to be realigned. Combined with the SolRanger on the 60mm SMII also mounted with my Celestron C6R, solar finding stops being a problem for both scopes.