PST mod components for sale: PST, Swiss adapters, 2" IR filter, 82mm red Hoya filter

VENDORS WELCOME! Please, only solar equipment.
thesmiths
Almost There...
Almost There...

PST mod components for sale: PST, Swiss adapters, 2" IR filter, 82mm red Hoya filter

Post by thesmiths »

I have the essential components for a PST mod for sale. This is my old PST which I bought in 2009 but did not use much since not long afterwards I got a Lunt 60PT. In 2012, I planned to do a PST mod and acquired the adapters from Beat Kohler in Switzerland. He recommended putting an IR filter on the front of the nose piece so I also have a very nice GSO 2" IR blocking filter.

I also acquired a lovely 25A Hoya 82mm red photographic filter (made in Japan) that would do a good job in reducing energy shorter than 600nm and could be fixed on the front of an appropriate donor scope as an ERF and/or as an aperture stop.

The PST etalon has been disassembled from the tube and focus box, which requires quite a bit of force the first time in some instances. I have applied high quality lubricant (from Nye) on all the metal surfaces in order to prevent binding so everything comes apart and goes back together smoothly.

The etalon itself seems fairly good. I looked through it recently and could see proms on the sun. I did have the sense that it was operating with the tilt almost completely to one end of the tuning range but I believe this could be adjusted if you know what you're doing. When I used it many years ago, I could take some quite good images. It was not used very much and none of the essential components show any sign of optical damage. I have examined the etalon with a hydrogen alpha source and the finesse seems good.

I never found the time to complete the PST mod so these components have just been sitting around the house for the last few years. If you are interested, please send me a private message with an offer. I would like to sell everything at once. You should of course know what you're doing before attempting a PST mod.

If you would like to do a swap, I would be interested in getting a 1600MM (either cooled or uncooled) :cool:
PST mod parts
PST mod parts
1.jpg (182.2 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
PST disassembled
PST disassembled
4.jpg (189.29 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
PST etalon front
PST etalon front
5.jpg (130.73 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
PST etalon back
PST etalon back
6.jpg (91.96 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
PST etalon with H-alpha source
PST etalon with H-alpha source
4212.jpg (185.35 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
PST blocking filter bottom
PST blocking filter bottom
7.jpg (66.04 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
PST blocking filter top
PST blocking filter top
8.jpg (87.8 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
PST assembled in original foam packing
PST assembled in original foam packing
3.jpg (373.51 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
PST original shipping box
PST original shipping box
2.jpg (232.45 KiB) Viewed 1633 times
25A filter spectral curve
25A filter spectral curve
W25A.jpg (140.4 KiB) Viewed 1633 times

thesmiths
Almost There...
Almost There...

Re: PST mod components for sale: PST, Swiss adapters, 2" IR filter, 82mm red Hoya filter

Post by thesmiths »

Update: I came across a used and very dusty SkyWatcher 90mm f10 refractor (see photo below). Since it was without a mount and accessories, the price was quite low. I have therefore decided to attempt to actually complete the PST mod that I started many years ago. I will provide further updates on the progress of the PST mod in the regular Scope Modifications topic section.
skywatcher 90mm
skywatcher 90mm
1.jpg (107.92 KiB) Viewed 1448 times