FS: Supercharged PST with PST Mod Equipment

VENDORS WELCOME! Please, only solar equipment.
kornfeld1

FS: Supercharged PST with PST Mod Equipment

Post by kornfeld1 »

I've decided to sell my PST. During my time owning it, I've added a few extra pieces to it to upgrade it's capabilities in preparation for putting the etalon on a much bigger scope. Unfortunately, my interests have changed, so I don't think I'm ever going to get around to putting it all together and putting it to good use. There's a lot to pass on, so let's jump in.

------------------------

Here are all of the details on the telescope, from front to rear:

-The telescope has the newer blue objective lens, so there is no concern about the rust issues that developed on older scopes.

-The etalon has the small plastic centering ring that Mark Townley made already installed. The rationale behind this centering ring can be found in this thread: http://solarchat.natca.net/index.php/en ... mbly-video. You'll also find in that thread that I dropped and broke the original etalon from this telescope...but it has since been replaced and is as good as new.

-I upgraded the blocking filter on this scope from 5 mm to 10 mm (BF5-->BF10). This gives you four times the available viewing area. This gives you much greater flexibility on where you position the image of the sun in the field of view. So you can position the image of the Sun in whatever area will minimize any sweet spotting/sweet banding.

-All of the threaded joints on this scope have already been loosened, so you won't have to worry about using a strap wrench or any of that stuff. This is useful if you plan to mod the scope, and it's useful if you need to rotate the ERF or blocking filter to spin any internal reflections out of the visible field.

-It also comes with the carrying case that Coronado provides so that you can safely and easily carry your telescope around. The stock K20 eyepiece that comes with the scope is also included.

Images of the scope and case:

-----------------

I'm also selling a set of threaded mounts needed to complete a stage 1 and a stage 2 mod. The metal piece on the top right threads into the front of the etalon, and allows you to attach that to a larger scope. If you use the stock PST body, this would be a stage 1 mod.

The metal piece on the top left threads into the rear of the etalon, and allows you to attach it to a focuser. This would then be a stage 2 mod.

I'm also including the wood disk I made to attach this all to a Celestron 80 mm refractor scope. This may really only be useful if you have the same telescope, so it may or may not be of value.

------------------

This is obviously a somewhat unique bundle. I paid $110 for the PST mod mounts, and BF10 diagonals cost ~$500. However, this is just for the 10 mm blocking filter, as opposed to the full diagonal. Here's my thought on pricing, broken down by item:

$450 for the scope and carrying case
$100 for the mod mounts
$250 for the BF10

This gives a total of $800 as a starting asking price. I'll have to figure out shipping with whoever is interested in buying.

I'm posting this all up here first to give you guys a crack at it. If I don't have any bites I'll throw it up on astromart later today.

Let me know if you have any questions!

swisswalter
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: FS: Supercharged PST with PST Mod Equipment

Post by swisswalter »

Hi Phil

good luck on the sale

Only stardust in the wind, some fine and some less fine scopes, filters and adapters as well. Switzerland 47 N, 9 E, in the heart of EUROPE :)

from 7 am - 7 pm http://www.nanosys.ch

from 7.01 pm - 6.59 am http://www.wastronomiko.com some times vice versa ;)
Wah
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Post by Wah »

I'm interested in this:
$250 for the BF10

Do you sell it seperately? :woohoo:

kornfeld1

Post by kornfeld1 »

I might be willing to do that. Email me at pkeck2 at yahoo dot com so we can discuss details. Where are you located?

solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by solarchat »

Herbert,

As always I would like for you to consider donating the scope to the nonprofit for the write off and I will get it into the hands of someone who will use it for outreach. Or you might just give it to someone at a local school?. I can assure you that the payback is tenfold compared to the money you might get now...just a thought.

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
solar

Post by solar »

Hi kornfeld1,
I am interested in the PST for Mod purpose. If Wah wants the BF10 then that’s OK, I will take the rest and get a BF 10 later.
We will need to get a price for freight to Australia.
Please let me know.
Your email address is not being recognised for some reason. pkeck2@yahoo. com

Vixen 130ss SolarMax 90 BF30 EQ6 Pro, LX200 14, C8 CG5, Megrez80, Lunt 100 DS. EQ 8
ASI 120mm 290mm 432mm Lunt B1800 Cal-K + other stuff.

Skywatcher 150mm PST Mod2
kornfeld1

Post by kornfeld1 »

Herbert,

As always I would like for you to consider donating the scope to the nonprofit for the write off and I will get it into the hands of someone who will use it for outreach. Or you might just give it to someone at a local school?. I can assure you that the payback is tenfold compared to the money you might get now...just a thought.

Hi Stephen,

I'll have to respectfully decline...I'm a teacher as well, and this was always a temporary monetary investment. I do unfortunately need the money. I hope you understand!

kornfeld1

Post by kornfeld1 »

Hi kornfeld1,
I am interested in the PST for Mod purpose. If Wah wants the BF10 then that’s OK, I will take the rest and get a BF 10 later.
Please let me know.

Hi solar,

I have talked a bit with wah, but I would be much more interested in selling everything in one shot.

I'm surprised my email didn't work. Can you post your email and I'll try to contact you? I'll need to figure out details on what shipping would look like if I sent everything to you vs. a package to you and a package to Wah.

solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by solarchat »

Understood. I always recommend giving the stuff away. No judgement here, just always recommend it. Its part of my charm..:)

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
kornfeld1

Post by kornfeld1 »

Understood. I always recommend giving the stuff away. No judgement here, just always recommend it. Its part of my charm..:)

:bow:

solar

Post by solar »

[quote]Hi kornfeld1,
Please let me know.

Hi solar,

I have talked a bit with wah, but I would be much more interested in selling everything in one shot.

I'm surprised my email didn't work. Can you post your email and I'll try to contact you? I'll need to figure out details on what shipping would look like if I sent everything to you vs. a package to you and a package to Wah.
[email protected]

Vixen 130ss SolarMax 90 BF30 EQ6 Pro, LX200 14, C8 CG5, Megrez80, Lunt 100 DS. EQ 8
ASI 120mm 290mm 432mm Lunt B1800 Cal-K + other stuff.

Skywatcher 150mm PST Mod2
kornfeld1

Post by kornfeld1 »

Just emailed you.

kornfeld1

Post by kornfeld1 »

I forgot to update this...everything was sold to Wah. Thanks Wah!

vikeljay

Post by vikeljay »

Have you sold the mod mounts yet?