Istar OVERSTOCK SALE!

VENDORS WELCOME! Please, only solar equipment.
mikeinfortmyers

Istar OVERSTOCK SALE!

Post by mikeinfortmyers »

Hoping not to break the rules as these are not sold as Solar scopes yet any with the proper filter could be used as such :)

Updated 8/28/2013

Overstock sale! These scopes are ready to ship.

We have too many of the scopes listed below. So we are pricing them at very low prices. This sale will never be repeated.

Asteria AT 127mm F12 R30 Anastigmatic Telescope - $1515 was $2199

Asteria AT 150mm F8 R35 Anastigmatic Telescope - $1579 was $2189

Phoenix WFT 150mm F5 Classic Achromatic Telescope (comet hunter) - $1230 was $1675

Phoenix WFT 204mm F6 Classic Achromatic Telescope (comet hunter) - $2450 was $3166 - SOLD OUT!

Perseus AT 127mm F8 Classic Achromatic Telescope - $1195 was $1629

Perseus AT 150mm F8 Classic Achromatic Telescope - $1375 was $1825

Perseus AT 150mm F10 Classic Achromatic Telescope - $1445 was $1895 (tubes are in stock with a 6 week wait on lenses)

Perseus AT 150mm F12 Classic Achromatic Telescope - $1525 was $1995

Perseus AT 150mm F15 Classic Achromatic Telescope - $1584 was $1998

Perseus AT 204mm F9 Classic Achromatic Telescope - $2735 was $3666

Optical Tube Assemblies are complete tubes, lens and Istar Focuser.

Feathertouch and Moonlight available with credit for stock focuser.

Standard and Pro Style Tube rings and ADM dovetails for these scopes in stock.

All prices include shipping within the continental US with shipping credit to those outside the US.

Checks, PayPal, Credit Cards, Wire transfers

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Istar OVERSTOCK SALE!

Post by Montana »

Such a cute dog :)

Alexandra

mikeinfortmyers

I think he needed a solar filter as it looks like the sun was too bright for him :)

BTW he was a rescue.

Mike

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

Hope you don't mind me asking a general question here Mike; I know before you have sold 'Ha optimised' lenses, do you do a 100mm f10 Ha optimised? Thanks :)

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
mikeinfortmyers

Of course I don't mind at all Mark. Currently, we do not have a design for 100mm H Alpha lenses. I say "currently" as we are seeing where this solar avenue is going to take us. A 100mm F10 would be a very good size because of the reduced expense working with smaller apertures. That is less expensive for the lenses, tubes, rings, smaller mounts etc. I realize the actual ERF and etalon is still expensive. But, as you know, solar viewing and imaging is a growing area in a amateur astronomy. Hopefully the popularity, as this forum is proving, will continue to grow and drive prices down. We need to produce in volume to keep prices reasonable. I'm not talking about hundreds or even dozens just maybe three to six pieces sold at a time. Recently, we have experienced a surge in inquires for our Ha lenses. That is a good sign! That can be attributed to you and the many folks on this and other forums. Some really go the extra effort and post on many forums thus driving the interest. JP Brahic in France and his recent build and successful imaging has really been a big boost. He is talked about and his work admired in more than a half dozen sites. Of course, we want Solar Chat to continue as "the" place to go for solar interest :)

Hope you don't mind me rambling on but I want you to see what we see as a manufacturer. Your wishes, hopes, comments and criticism are always welcome as we strive to meet the need.

Mike

Carbon60
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Post by Carbon60 »

Hi Mike,

For what it's worth, I use an Istar lens on my home built Ha solar scope. Works great.

150mm, f10

Stu.

H-alpha, WL and Ca II K imaging kit for various image scales.
Fluxgate Magnetometers (1s and 150s Cadence).
Radio meteor detector.
More images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/solarcarbon60/
mikeinfortmyers

Wow Stu, that giant prominence is almost as beautiful as that Istar lens mounted on your scope :) Thanks for the pictures. would you mind a side view of the scope please? I'd like to see your handy work. In fact, I would really like the modification details of a PST. Everybody is doing it but no one gives details. Is this information posted somewhere? If not, someone needs to record the progression of building one of these custom scopes. How the ERF and etalon is mounted inside the tube etc.

Mike

OK Stu, I went to your Flickr pages and saw the pictures you posted. So I got a good look. Still would like to know if the technical details of these modifications are posted somewhere or do you guys just research the tech and build it?

Carbon60

Post by Carbon60 »

Hi Mike,

Merlin66 (Ken)is your man, along with Mark Townley. Both are experts in this area. You should find something under Solar Scope Modifications on this forum, or maybe one, or both will respond to you directly.

Regards

Stu.

H-alpha, WL and Ca II K imaging kit for various image scales.
Fluxgate Magnetometers (1s and 150s Cadence).
Radio meteor detector.
More images at http://www.flickr.com/photos/solarcarbon60/
mikeinfortmyers

Thanks Stu. I'll see what I can find on the forum before contacting those guys.

Mike

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

Hi Mike, I'll start a new topic for discussing lenses / scopes for Ha work in the 'commercial filters / hardware' section rather than detracting this from the original post. Mark :)

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!