Just kick me! Or "I told you so!"

Post anything eclipse related!
Anthony M
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Just kick me! Or "I told you so!"

Post by Anthony M »

Something's working against us, but we will still see it! It's getting over the bumps in the road that sometimes makes the journey so much better!

Rented a car at Portland and made hotel reservations at Otter Rock, OR back in 2016- both cancelled. Found a place to stay in Salem, OR but was recently notified that it won't work out either.

And today's email from Amazon, an ominous message titled "Important Product Safety Notification Regarding Your Amazon.com Order #112-1380976 - Hello, We’re writing to provide you with important safety information about the eclipse products you purchased on Amazon..." short story advising us not to use the glasses we purchased. At least their ending was polite, and perhaps a good prediction of what might not happen in the future when I ever buy solar viewers again: "We hope to see you again soon. Sincerely, Customer Service".

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Just kick me! Or "I told you so!"

Post by Montana »

That is rubbish, your solar eclipse glasses are probably absolutely safe, there are only a couple of manufacturers that make them and all of them are safe. Just look at the sun through them, you will immediately spot a defect (if there is one) and so close your eyes. It is no more harmful than looking at the sun during the day, when it becomes uncomfortable you close your eyelids. Nothing bad will happen. If you see a nice orange or blue sun and when you take them off you don't see spots then they are absolutely fine. Use your common sense, use them, don't let stupid fake news ruin your day.
Just sleep in your car :) and use your glasses :)

Alexandra

Anthony M
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Re: Just kick me! Or "I told you so!"

Post by Anthony M »

I know mine are safe, even though I got that email- I bought them back in February way before the cost went so stupid high for them on Amazon. I can't believe some are selling for $10 or more now! We plan on giving our extras out for free to people who need them next weekend.