YouTube Feed of the Eclipse

Post anything eclipse related!
Bagpiper2004
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

YouTube Feed of the Eclipse

Post by Bagpiper2004 »

I am a member of the New Jersey Astronomical Association (NJAA). The video feed from my camera was broadcast on our YouTube channel. See the attached link. You will notice the cloud cover coming and going over the course of the afternoon.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zEpare68mX0

We were open to the public and had hundreds of people show up. We had 9 telescopes set up for viewing. There was a non stop stream of people looking at my computer screen. But, I did manage to capture some images which I have already posted.

The picture below (before we opened to the public) is my rig in the foreground with several other scopes in the background. The observatory in the background houses our 660mm Cassegrain telescope.
Attachments
IMG_0037.JPG
IMG_0037.JPG (3.93 MiB) Viewed 3670 times

Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Re: YouTube Feed of the Eclipse

Post by Montana »

Well done, that is a lot of people, I bet you couldn't speak after you got home with all the chatting. One thing the eclipse did very well was to bring so many people together to have fun, it was much better than Christmas :bow :hamster:

Alexandra

Bagpiper2004
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Post by Bagpiper2004 »

Thanks Alexandra. We were not in the totality area, but it was a lot of fun to experience it with so many people.

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

A great record of the event!

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!