How do I make and use 'Flat Frames"

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
rbenton
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

How do I make and use 'Flat Frames"

Post by rbenton »

Forgive me if this topic has already been addressed, but I haven't been able to find it on my own here. I would appreciate it if anyone could point me to a thorough tutorial on how to make, and implement 'flat frames' when imaging full discs in Ha. If it helps, I have a Lunt LS100 w/DSII. I use FireCapture, and process my images using Autostakkert2, ImPPG, and Photoshop.
Thank you very much.

Randall Benton

denababy
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Re: How do I make and use 'Flat Frames"

Post by denababy »

Hi there you can read an article by Alexandra Hart ( Montana), you will find it by going to ‘solarnutcase’ and follow until you reach ‘how to image the Sun’ or you can defocus on the whole disk then take a few frames as in Wise Imaging video on YouTube.

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
Montana
Librarian
Librarian

Post by Montana »

Sometimes the easiest method when you have a full disc is to let the Sun drift during capture. This only works if you have room on the chip to drift, but any dust bunnies or newton's rings are then in different places and so are not stacked in the stacking software (as it will be tracking solar features and not the fixed features). This is the most simple technique and usually solves the issue in most cases.
Alexandra