Imppg file type question

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
Don
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Imppg file type question

Post by Don »

Hi, I was going to give Imppg a try but can't seem to load my AVI files. I use a DMK41 and the output is Y800. I always get, couldn't open file. Question is, will this camera work with this program at all? Is it possible to change file types to a usable one with this camera?

I took a vid from July 3rd and would like to stabilize the movie, here's the vid. Thanks in advance..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMxfsme ... fWlV5yk4z3

Solarmax II 90
DMK41
Moonlite focuser
CGEM
Gig Harbor WA
GreatAttractor
Almost There...
Almost There...

Re: Imppg file type question

Post by GreatAttractor »

Hi Don,

ImPPG is for post-processing still images (stacks made with e.g. AutoStakkert!3) and alignment of images for a time lapse. For stabilizing a video like this you'd have to convert it to a series of frames. It'll be easier to use PIPP. But if you meant to stack this video, just feed it directly to a stacker (like AS!3).

My software:
Stackistry — an open-source cross-platform image stacker
ImPPG — stack post-processing and animation alignment
My images

SW Mak-Cass 127, ATM Hα scopes (90 mm, 200 mm), Lunt LS50THa, ATM SSM, ATM Newt 300/1500 mm, PGR Chameleon 3 mono (ICX445)
Don
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Re: Imppg file type question

Post by Don »

The alignment of images is what I wanted to try with Imppg. I didn't stack the images yet, I just wanted to try and stabilize what I had recorded. Just downloaded the PIPP, thank you for the link, I'll give it a try..

Solarmax II 90
DMK41
Moonlite focuser
CGEM
Gig Harbor WA