What a carry on.

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
denababy
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

What a carry on.

Post by denababy »

Hi all thanks for the replies to my earlier post. Today the skies are a milky blue so I thought I would set up hoping to get some sort of view of the Sun but I could not get any definition of either the surface or, if there were any, prominences. Just to go back to my earlier post about which scope, as I mainly focus on the Sun I have a couple of questions, as I say I mainly hit the Sun so, is there much difference between AR and ED? If so what? Double or triplet? Nearly all the reviews speak about the stars at night but as I will be looking and photographing the Sun can anyone advise me on which scope. I have a Celestron Edge 8” for nighttime work and a Lunt 50 as well as my Explore Scientific ed apo 80, which I use with my Quark, it is this scope I want to replace with one approximately 120.Please advise. :seesaw

Valery
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: What a carry on.

Post by Valery »

Take a look here what can be done in upgrading of C8HD with a full size DERF filter and Quark.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=25684

Valery

"Solar H alpha activity is the most dynamic and compelling thing you can see in a telescope, so spend accordingly." (c) Bob Yoesle.

Largest full size 185 - 356mm Dielectric Energy Rejection Filters (D-ERF) by ARIES Instruments.