Quark Chromosphere vs Prominence model?

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
Ben Cartwright SASS
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Quark Chromosphere vs Prominence model?

Post by Ben Cartwright SASS »

Quark Chromosphere vs Prominence model.
I have the chromosphere, with the solar minimum and most of the "action" being on the limb, how much brighter and obvious are the proms when imaging with the Prominence model?

Is anyone using both?

Valery
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Quark Chromosphere vs Prominence model?

Post by Valery »

Jim,

If to compare with my three last Quarks (all Chromosphere models) then yes, Prominence model has significatntly brighter picture and promonences look more impressive. Especially faint disconnected which flying over the limb.

Valery

"Solar H alpha activity is the most dynamic and compelling thing you can see in a telescope, so spend accordingly." (c) Bob Yoesle.

Largest full size 185 - 356mm Dielectric Energy Rejection Filters (D-ERF) by ARIES Instruments.
MalVeauX

Post by MalVeauX »

Ben Cartwright SASS wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:45 pm Quark Chromosphere vs Prominence model.
I have the chromosphere, with the solar minimum and most of the "action" being on the limb, how much brighter and obvious are the proms when imaging with the Prominence model?

Is anyone using both?
Hi Ben,

Try using your Chromosphere model with a faster focal-ratio, F15~20, instead of the suggested F30+. The bandpass will widen for prominences.

Very best,

MAURITS

Post by MAURITS »

Valery wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:26 pm Jim,

If to compare with my three last Quarks (all Chromosphere models) then yes, Prominence model has significatntly brighter picture and promonences look more impressive. Especially faint disconnected which flying over the limb.

Valery
Valery, do you have an example image, recorded with the Quark prominence version?

Regards,
Maurits

Vista del Cielo Observatory

www.vistadelcielo.be
Ben Cartwright SASS
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Post by Ben Cartwright SASS »

MalVeauX wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:40 pm
Ben Cartwright SASS wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:45 pm Quark Chromosphere vs Prominence model.

Is anyone using both?
Hi Ben,

Try using your Chromosphere model with a faster focal-ratio, F15~20, instead of the suggested F30+. The bandpass will widen for prominences.

Very best,
The only scope I have below f/6 is my st80 f/5 which would give me f/21 and can't get close, get 3/4 disks with it.

Valery

Post by Valery »

MAURITS wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:45 pm
Valery wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:26 pm Jim,

Valery
Valery, do you have an example image, recorded with the Quark prominence version?
No, I don't. I have compared the views vs the Prominence model owned by another fun of solar H-a observing.
This is really the advantage of the Prominence model. The images always can be adjusted. Not so easy in a visual observing.

Valery

"Solar H alpha activity is the most dynamic and compelling thing you can see in a telescope, so spend accordingly." (c) Bob Yoesle.

Largest full size 185 - 356mm Dielectric Energy Rejection Filters (D-ERF) by ARIES Instruments.