Thank you 17 donors.

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
solarchat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you 17 donors.

Post by solarchat »

Well, two days left in our fundraiser for Sunlit Earth! and CBSAP and we are just under $6000 of our $15,000 goal.
This will probably be the third year in a row we have not met the goal after 4 years of exceeding much higher goals. Sign if the times I guess.
Anyway, We shall continue in helping people shine their brightest.

If you would like to participate and support a pretty good nonprofit, please go to paypal.me/CBSAP

Stephen W. Ramsden
Atlanta, GA USA
Founder/Director Charlie Bates Solar Astronomy Project
http://www.solarastronomy.org
skyhawk
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Re: Thank you 17 donors.

Post by skyhawk »

I think the problem is people have personal finances to consider first.

I as a single father of three disabled sons would like to help more, like many I have charities I support, in the UK, MIND, RNLI, the Big Issue (homeless), this year I expect to donate about £100, a lot on a pension, and whilst people may look at what you have, thousands of pounds worth of scopes and ask why don't you donate, you can only do so much, also like many I don't smoke, drink or go on holiday, kind of places not donating to everything in perspective.

Sorry

Just for info, if I ever come over as "blunt" or upset it is not intentional, I am AUTISTIC, I have Aspergers, and ADHD, Autism, so my apologies if I ever sound, unintentionally confrontational. Thank you

Esprit 120mm triplet refractor
Celestron Evolution Edge HD 8"
72mm Ed Skywatcher for Solar

SkyTee 2
Sky-Watcher SolarQuest
Gitzo Systematic Series 5

ASI 178MM
Daystar Quark Ha
WO Binoviewers
Many eyepieces 2"