Solar visual dilemma.

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
BertUK
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Solar visual dilemma.

Post by BertUK »

Ive owned a couple of solar scopes in the past,a lunt 60mm pt bf1200 and a solarmax 2 60 ds.
I enjoyed the views through both scopes although the lunt gave a more even field of detail and was slightly bigger.
Im now thinking of buying a quark to put on a refractor of whatever size is needed to get bigger views but of similar quality,what size refractor would work best for this and which version of quark would i need to see surface details and proms.i also own a mak 180 pro and a lunt 152 ed apo if any of these would suit.
Thanks
Mick

skyhawk
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Re: Solar visual dilemma.

Post by skyhawk »

Daystar state that you DO NOT need a front of scope ERF UP TO 150mm therefore you would need one on the 152.

You have to get the specific daystar for the Mak NOT the Quark used on Refractors, https://optcorp.com/products/daystar-co ... here-model

Just for info, if I ever come over as "blunt" or upset it is not intentional, I am AUTISTIC, I have Aspergers, and ADHD, Autism, so my apologies if I ever sound, unintentionally confrontational. Thank you

Esprit 120mm triplet refractor
Celestron Evolution Edge HD 8"
72mm Ed Skywatcher for Solar

SkyTee 2
Sky-Watcher SolarQuest
Gitzo Systematic Series 5

ASI 178MM
Daystar Quark Ha
WO Binoviewers
Many eyepieces 2"
BertUK
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Post by BertUK »

Thanks for the reply,i was aware of this but it still doesnt answer my question.im wanting to know what i would need paired with a quark to get similar quality views as the lunt 60mm,preferably full disc viewing?

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

Full disk viewing with a quark you are looking at a scope with a focal length of 400mm or less with a 32mm eyepiece. Given this is likely to be with a scope of 70mm or less for full disk viewing with a quark you're unlikely to get any benefit over the scopes you used already, indeed I would say your DS60 would probably give a superior full disk view than with a quark and 400mm fl scope.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
BertUK
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Post by BertUK »

Are the close up views as sharp as the lunt or coronado views?

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

Your 152 will work great with a Quark, if the seeing allows the views will be as sharp.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
skyhawk
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Post by skyhawk »

Having to buy that blocking filter for the 150 will be expensive

Just for info, if I ever come over as "blunt" or upset it is not intentional, I am AUTISTIC, I have Aspergers, and ADHD, Autism, so my apologies if I ever sound, unintentionally confrontational. Thank you

Esprit 120mm triplet refractor
Celestron Evolution Edge HD 8"
72mm Ed Skywatcher for Solar

SkyTee 2
Sky-Watcher SolarQuest
Gitzo Systematic Series 5

ASI 178MM
Daystar Quark Ha
WO Binoviewers
Many eyepieces 2"