General appreciation post

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
AJamesB
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

General appreciation post

Post by AJamesB »

So, apologies, I'm about 2 gin+juice drinks in, and feeling pretty good. BUT, I just wanted to thank everyone for such a great community. As I was looking at all the great submissions here (and they are all great, humans do amazing things!) I was reminded about how, even though most of us are on completely different sides of the PLANET from each other, we are able to connect, share, and enjoy such an an incredible (and incredibly niche:) hobby with one another. I also try and use the thank button as much as I can, but even when I don't officially thank a post (it takes a while, with the redirect to let you know you've thanked the user, then the re-redirect back to the post, any way to speed that up at all???) that I have seen your post, and I AM thankful/greatful for it!

Thank you also for the immense knowledge base that is here, and that has made this hobby SO MUCH MORE accessible than it would be otherwise! There is an INTENSE learning curve, but thanks to all of you it was much more attainable than it would have been otherwise. So this aspie dude (who shies away from a lot of social interaction but who feels at home here) raises (another) glass in appreciation to everyone here!

Thank you, truly, and keep those submissions coming! (and I promise I do drink in moderation and responsibly, its the weekend, lol:)

Lunt ls100tha single stacked + hinode solar guider on ioptron cem26 mount
asi178mm
asi294mm
2x, 3x, and 4x telecentrics
0.6x and 0.4x telecompressors
DeepSolar64
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Generic appreciation post

Post by DeepSolar64 »

It sounds like you are feeling good right about now but I agree with you. It's nice to have a camaraderie of folks passionate about the Sun. Even though we are far apart we share and celebrate the Sun together. And learn so much about it, observing, imaging and a bit about each other. So yes. Thumbs up to the Sun, our wonderful star, thumbs up to our solar community and thumbs up for learning from each other. I gotta beer and I will join you and drink to that!!!

Lunt 8x32 SUNoculars
Orion 70mm Solar Telescope
Celestron AstroMaster Alt/Az Mount
Meade Coronado SolarMax II 60 DS
Meade Coronado SolarMax II 90 DS
Meade Coronado AZS Alt/Az Mount
Astro-Tech AT72EDII with Altair solar wedge
Celestron NexStar 102GT with Altair solar wedge
Losmandy AZ8 Alt/Az Mount
Sky-Watcher AZGTI Alt-Az GoTo mount
Cameras: ZWO ASI178MM, PGR Grasshopper, PGR Flea
Lunt, Coronado, TeleVue, Orion and Meade eyepieces

Image Visual Observer
" Way more fun to see it! "
marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: General appreciation post

Post by marktownley »

Have a great weekend!

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
MAURITS

Re: General appreciation post

Post by MAURITS »

Thanks for sharing this.

Regards,
Maurits

Vista del Cielo Observatory

www.vistadelcielo.be