Coronado SolarMax 60 Question

this is the main message area for anything solar :)
rcwinter
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Coronado SolarMax 60 Question

Post by rcwinter »

Hi all,

I have an SM60 Mk1 which works well, I recently picked up an SM60 Mk2 , the Mk1 Etalon fits directly on top of the SM60 Mk2 which when viewed seems to increase surface detail etc as I expected, albeit there are some reflections visible, especially when tuned, I can live with that however when trying to use it for imaging it’s seems to struggle to get focus, does it need a special adapter to join the two together or as it screws on is that fine, and I will just have to work out the best way to use it.

Kind regards

Rich

Baader DERF 90 & 160. Vixen SP102M Moonlite, Takahashi TOA130 Feathertouch 3.5, Takahashi FSQ106N, Daystar Quantum SE .4ang, Apollo Max, ZWO ASI 174MM. 2600mm, 178MM, Lumenera Skynx & Infinity 2
marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Coronado SolarMax 60 Question

Post by marktownley »

Hi Rich

If you have some pictures of what you get when you're imaging it would help. Has the Mk1 etalon got a tilt tuner on it to throw the reflection?

Mark

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
rcwinter
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Re: Coronado SolarMax 60 Question

Post by rcwinter »

Hi Mark

Yes the Mk1 Etalon has the tilt tuner, the Mk2 is internal at the focuser end, I tend to find that my Mk1 works well when it is virtually closed as you open it the detail changes and you see the reflection cross over the image with it in its best position visually is fine by eye, as I said when you pop in the camera leaving detail set point the same as when I looked visually, just struggles to get focus

:bow2

Kind regards

Rich

Baader DERF 90 & 160. Vixen SP102M Moonlite, Takahashi TOA130 Feathertouch 3.5, Takahashi FSQ106N, Daystar Quantum SE .4ang, Apollo Max, ZWO ASI 174MM. 2600mm, 178MM, Lumenera Skynx & Infinity 2