New pst mod

Frankenscope? Let's see it!***be advised that NOTHING in this forum has been safety tested and you are reading and using these posts at your own peril. blah, blah, blah... dont mess around with your eyesight when it comes to solar astronomy. Use appropriate filtration at all times...
manu41
The Sun?
The Sun?

New pst mod

Post by manu41 »

Hi all,
I present my mod pst with a telescope skywatcher 102/1000,Filter D-baader erf in telescope.
Thank you to Merlin for its file ;)

uplooker
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Re: New pst mod

Post by uplooker »

Hi,
Looking good, well done on the modification.

Ian

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

Great job!

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
swisswalter
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Post by swisswalter »

Hi Manuel

that looks very good

Only stardust in the wind, some fine and some less fine scopes, filters and adapters as well. Switzerland 47 N, 9 E, in the heart of EUROPE :)

from 7 am - 7 pm http://www.nanosys.ch

from 7.01 pm - 6.59 am http://www.wastronomiko.com some times vice versa ;)
manu41
The Sun?
The Sun?

Post by manu41 »

The researcher is converted to solar ;)

Solarhound
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Post by Solarhound »

Nicely done Manu

stevil

Post by stevil »

Hi Manu, it looks like you may have kept the dew shield on, is this the case?

Very nice job on your mod, looking at doing mine in the next few weeks with a Evostar 90mm, thats why I ask. I am unsure whether to take it off or not, I intend to order a custom cell from Teleskop Express when I order the D-ERF.

I am wondering if I keep the dew shield on I can use the dust cap that came with the scope and keep the cell and DERF in a safe place. If I remove the dew shield and have the cell and DERF next to the objective then I am concerned about dust and scratches on the DERF. I see that your DERF is inside your telescope but my DIY skills are not up to that task so want to keep it simple! :)

Cheers
Steve

Solarhound
Ohhhhhh My!
Ohhhhhh My!

Post by Solarhound »

Nice job Manu !

manu41
The Sun?
The Sun?

Post by manu41 »

stevil wrote:Hi Manu, it looks like you may have kept the dew shield on, is this the case?

Very nice job on your mod, looking at doing mine in the next few weeks with a Evostar 90mm, thats why I ask. I am unsure whether to take it off or not, I intend to order a custom cell from Teleskop Express when I order the D-ERF.

I am wondering if I keep the dew shield on I can use the dust cap that came with the scope and keep the cell and DERF in a safe place. If I remove the dew shield and have the cell and DERF next to the objective then I am concerned about dust and scratches on the DERF. I see that your DERF is inside your telescope but my DIY skills are not up to that task so want to keep it simple! :)

Cheers
Steve
thank you
the dew shield on the telescope in white light.
But it is not useful even in H-Alpha
It avoids excessive dust :lol:

@ +

Manu

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Post by marktownley »

stevil wrote: I am concerned about dust and scratches on the DERF
Really, no need to worry about this too much unless you have it in close proximity of a Stihl saw cutting up breeze blocks. Normal day to day dust is fine.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
stevil

Post by stevil »

Many thanks, that's good to know.

Live_Steam_Mad
The Sun?
The Sun?

Post by Live_Steam_Mad »

Hello Manu, Can I ask please how the Baader D-ERF is being held onto your Skywatcher 102/1000 refractor ? What diameter is your D-ERF ? Is it mounted inside the telescope OTA tube, or is it instead mounted at the front of the telescope? What brand and model number of D-ERF cell are you holding the D-ERF in with (or is it "home made" / 3D printed?) ?

Best Regards,

Alistair G.