Mod of WO 81 GT and SW 120mm refractor with Lunt 60 H-Alpha

Frankenscope? Let's see it!***be advised that NOTHING in this forum has been safety tested and you are reading and using these posts at your own peril. blah, blah, blah... dont mess around with your eyesight when it comes to solar astronomy. Use appropriate filtration at all times...
Parag
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Mod of WO 81 GT and SW 120mm refractor with Lunt 60 H-Alpha

Post by Parag »

Dear Friends,

I am thinking for last few days the possibility to convert WO81 GT APO (F 5.9) as H-Alpha telescope and if possible Sky Watcher 120 mm (F8.0) Black Diamond refractor also.

I am using Lunt LS60Tha Double Stacked telescope. It is pressure tuned and also tilt tuned as second Etalon filter. The blocking filter is B1200 diagonal.

Is it possible? Looking for advise.

Thank you

Parag Mahajani
Pune, India
Attachments
My H-Alpha Telescope with dual interference etalon.
My H-Alpha Telescope with dual interference etalon.
LS60THa + Tilt Tuned Filter.jpg (32.03 KiB) Viewed 1700 times

Parag Mahajani
MILKYWAY CITIZENS OBSERVATORY
Pune, India

Lunt LS60THa Double stacked Solar telescope, WO 81 GT APO, SW 120 Black Diamond, Oberwerk 70 mm-45 degrees Binocular Telescope, Televue 18 mm Nagler and 8 mm Ethos eyepieces, Canon 60D and 550D DSLRs, Canon 200 mm L lens, Sigma 10-14 mm and Tokina Fish-eye lens, a small 11 feet diameter observatory...and lot of curiosity!
Valery
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Re: Mod of WO 81 GT and SW 120mm refractor with Lunt 60 H-Al

Post by Valery »

Please, use white color for text, not purple or ultraviolet. The colors you choose are not readable.

Valery

"Solar H alpha activity is the most dynamic and compelling thing you can see in a telescope, so spend accordingly." (c) Bob Yoesle.

Largest full size 185 - 356mm Dielectric Energy Rejection Filters (D-ERF) by ARIES Instruments.
Parag
Oh, I get it now!
Oh, I get it now!

Re: Mod of WO 81 GT and SW 120mm refractor with Lunt 60 H-Al

Post by Parag »

Dear Valery,

Greetings...Sorry for the text color....I have changed it.

I am thinking for last few days the possibility to convert WO81 GT APO (F 5.9) as H-Alpha telescope and if possible Sky Watcher 120 mm (F8.0) Black Diamond refractor also.

I am using Lunt LS60Tha Double Stacked telescope. It is pressure tuned and also tilt tuned as second Etalon filter. The blocking filter is B1200 diagonal.

Is it possible? Looking for advise.

Thank you

Parag Mahajani
Pune, India

Parag Mahajani
MILKYWAY CITIZENS OBSERVATORY
Pune, India

Lunt LS60THa Double stacked Solar telescope, WO 81 GT APO, SW 120 Black Diamond, Oberwerk 70 mm-45 degrees Binocular Telescope, Televue 18 mm Nagler and 8 mm Ethos eyepieces, Canon 60D and 550D DSLRs, Canon 200 mm L lens, Sigma 10-14 mm and Tokina Fish-eye lens, a small 11 feet diameter observatory...and lot of curiosity!