Lunt60PT scope mod - how to double stack?

Frankenscope? Let's see it!***be advised that NOTHING in this forum has been safety tested and you are reading and using these posts at your own peril. blah, blah, blah... dont mess around with your eyesight when it comes to solar astronomy. Use appropriate filtration at all times...
GaborKiss
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Lunt60PT scope mod - how to double stack?

Post by GaborKiss »

Hi,

My friend made an approach, and he put my old and sold Lunt60PT scope into a 150/1500 refractor. We knew that it would work best with F7, but still the picture he said (I had no time to observe with him and he lives far) was good and he wanted to try out with a scope he already had at home. Now as he might buy another Lunt60 DS front filter, he would like to know if it's possible to double-stack somehow this scope? He is using a 160mm Baader ERF so has full aperture.

Thanks in advance,
Gabor

Currently out of equipment, but still around to see your images! :)
GaborKiss
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Re: Lunt60PT scope mod - how to double stack?

Post by GaborKiss »

Yes, this is what we want to avoid. We want full aperture, not sure if it's possible or how... He wants to reach the same contrast and resolution like in a Lunt152DS scope by using the 160mm ERF in front.

Valery
Way More Fun to Share It!!
Way More Fun to Share It!!

Post by Valery »

GaborKiss wrote:
He wants to reach the same contrast and resolution like in a Lunt152DS scope by using the 160mm ERF in front.
We will see if he will reach that level of performance. I bet than he will not.

Valery

"Solar H alpha activity is the most dynamic and compelling thing you can see in a telescope, so spend accordingly." (c) Bob Yoesle.

Largest full size 185 - 356mm Dielectric Energy Rejection Filters (D-ERF) by ARIES Instruments.
GaborKiss
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Post by GaborKiss »

Well, you had last year that system with your SW150 scopes and two Lunt etalons with some telecentric add-on. Wasn't it quite on the level of the dedicated solar scope Valery?

Gabor