Double stack with a Quark

Frankenscope? Let's see it!***be advised that NOTHING in this forum has been safety tested and you are reading and using these posts at your own peril. blah, blah, blah... dont mess around with your eyesight when it comes to solar astronomy. Use appropriate filtration at all times...
hopskipson
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Double stack with a Quark

Post by hopskipson »

I’m thinking of taking advantage of the Lunt sale and getting a 60 mm single stacked scope. Is it possible to double stack it with a Quark? If so will I need a blocking filter or is the Quarks bf okay?

James
These pretzels are making me thirsty! (C.C.)
The Quark introduced me to this wonderful side of the hobby and the sun hasn’t disappointed yet.
Solar Equipment: Solar Spectrum RG-18 0.3A, Coronado Solarmax 90mm etalon Isle of Man SN-001, Tuscon SN-380 and Meade SM2, Lunt LS80 DS, Quark Chromosphere, Lunt 2" wedge, 2-Lunt CaK II 1200, Baader 3.8 and 5.0 solar film in 208mm cells, and 3D printed Sol'Ex SHG, Lunt 40mm
Coming Soon: Solar Spectrum CaK II <1A filter
marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Double stack with a Quark

Post by marktownley »

Yes. It is possible to DS with a Quark, the Quarks BF is ok.

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!
hopskipson
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Post by hopskipson »

Thanks for the reply Mark!

James
The Quark introduced me to this wonderful side of the hobby and the sun hasn’t disappointed yet.
Solar Equipment: Solar Spectrum RG-18 0.3A, Coronado Solarmax 90mm etalon Isle of Man SN-001, Tuscon SN-380 and Meade SM2, Lunt LS80 DS, Quark Chromosphere, Lunt 2" wedge, 2-Lunt CaK II 1200, Baader 3.8 and 5.0 solar film in 208mm cells, and 3D printed Sol'Ex SHG, Lunt 40mm
hopskipson
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Post by hopskipson »

I finally got the Lunt 60 pressure tuned 1200 today. As a follow up, which blocking filter has better transmission? Will I also need an IRUV cut before the Quark? Also picked up a US made pst and AOK Swiss adapters. I’m thinking of using it for double stacking the Lunt with this also. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these configurations? Thanks again!

James