Lunt 80mm + Refractor 150. Need Help guys.

Frankenscope? Let's see it!***be advised that NOTHING in this forum has been safety tested and you are reading and using these posts at your own peril. blah, blah, blah... dont mess around with your eyesight when it comes to solar astronomy. Use appropriate filtration at all times...
Vasily
The Sun?
The Sun?

Lunt 80mm + Refractor 150. Need Help guys.

Post by Vasily »

Hi, i wanna coonect my 80mm lunt ethalon to refractor 150mm ( think about Sky-Watcher 150) for more aperture. So i need Erf 150mm+refractor 150mm+ ring for connecting ethalon and tube? Lunt 80 (1800bf+Crayfrord)

_Zakalwe
Im an EXPERT!
Im an EXPERT!

Re: Lunt 80mm + Refractor 150. Need Help guys.

Post by _Zakalwe »

Are you trying to replace the objective on an existing Lunt solarscope or trying to mount a Lunt 80mm external etalon to a refractor?

You could use a smaller ERF mounted inside the OTA. As long as the light cone is contained within the diameter of the ERF then that could suffice.

How to find the correct spacing for the Lunt though is another matter. You'll also need a blocking filter

marktownley
Librarian
Librarian

Re: Lunt 80mm + Refractor 150. Need Help guys.

Post by marktownley »

Do you have the Lunt80 scope?

http://brierleyhillsolar.blogspot.co.uk/
Solar images, a collection of all the most up to date live solar data on the web, imaging & processing tutorials - please take a look!